Architect Ashiesh Shah began his career in New York City in the mid 2000’s after graduating from Parsons School of Design with a degree in Interiors and Architecture. For the last eight years, Shah has been spearheading his own design firm Ashiesh Shah Architecture + Design, handling various high-end design projects in India and beyond.
Ashiesh was invited by NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog as a Champion of Change in Transforming India through G2B Partnerships this year. He will continue to be the spokesperson of Soft Power on the special advisory board to the Prime Minister of India towards the vision of Incredible India 2.0.
Shah was titled the Elle Décor Designer of the Year in 2016 and is named one amongst the 50 most influential names in architecture and design in the country by Architectural Digest for four consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. His projects have been published in the New York Times, World of Interiors, International Herald Tribune, Wallpaper Magazine, Elle Decoration, Architectural Digest, Vogue, Casa Vogue, Conde Nast Traveller to name a few.
A contributing editor at Vogue and Casa Vogue, Shah regularly writes about interiors, art and design for several magazines including Architectural Digest, Conde Nast Traveler, Telegraph, Hello, HiBlitz and newspapers like DNA, Mumbai Mirror and HT Cafe.
A collector of art and design, in 2014, Shah was nominated under the category of the most influential young art collector in the subcontinent by Forbes India. Ashiesh considers himself an eclectic collector, whose taste spans centuries and continent. His keen interest in art often informs, inspires and nourishes his practice and perspective.
Shah is a renowned curator for design exhibits of art, crafts and design that bring together the best of Indian talent under one roof. Shah is currently collaborating with the Times of India group to curate and develop a Design Exhibition in 2018 that will showcase the best in design from around the world. In addition, Shah is currently fronting a first of its kind design centric television show, Design HQ, on Fox Life created in collaboration with CondeNast Video.
- Architectural Digest AD 50- The most influential names in Indian architecture & design 2017
- GQ – 50 most influential young Indians 2017
- HELLO! India- 50 Most Dynamic Trendsetters 2017
- Society Interiors Design Competition & Awards 2017 – Outstanding Contribution to Architecture & Interior Design
- Elle Decor International Design Awards-India 2016- Designer of the Year
- Architectural Digest AD 50 The most influential names in Indian architecture & design 2016
- Trends Excellence Awards in Architecture and Design 2016 – Interior Design of Bar/Restaurant
- Trends Excellence Awards in Architecture and Design 2016 – Interior Design of Residence
- The India Story - Best Residence 2016
- GQ – 50 most influential young Indians 2016
- Architectural Digest AD 50 The most influential names in Indian architecture & design 2015
- Architectural Digest AD 50 - The most influential names in Indian architecture & design 2014
- The Economic Times Ace Tech - Eminent Jury Member 2014
- Good Homes Awards 2014 – Jury Member
- Architectural Digest AD 50 The Most Influential Name in Indian architecture & design 2013
- Elle Décor - EDIDA Best Lighting 2013
- Architect and Interiors India IGEN-50 2012
- Elle Décor - EDIDA - Best Outdoor 2009